Amber Wright The Murder Of Seath Jackson

Amber Wright was a fifteen year old from Florida who would be responsible for the murder of Seath Jackson

According to court documents Amber Wright would date Seath Jackson for awhile but the relationship would end. Amber would begin to date eighteen year old Michael Bargo Jr who would soon be involved in an online war with Seath. The online bickering would end with a physical altercation between Seath and Michael which Jackson would come out ahead

Amber Wright would lure Seath Jackson to the home of Charlie Ely under the pretense that they could talk about their relationship. When Seath showed up he was attacked by Michael Bargo Jr and Amber half brother Kyle Hooper. Michael would shoot Jackson multiple times causing his death

Seath Jackson body would be cut up into pieces and burned in a backyard fire pit.

Kyle Hooper would confess to his mother that he knew what happened to Seath Jackson and soon police would track down those involved

Amber Wright would be convicted of murder and sentenced to life in prison

Kyle Hooper would be convicted of murder and sentenced to life in prison

Michael Bargo Jr would be convicted and sentenced to death

Amber Wright Videos

Amber Wright Photos

amber wright michael bargo

Amber Wright FAQ

When Is Amber Wright Release Date

Amber Wright is serving life in prison

Where Is Amber Wright Now

Amber Wright is currently incarcerated at Homestead Correction Institute

When Is Kyle Hooper Release Date

Kyle Hooper is serving life in prison

Where Is Kyle Hooper Now

Kyle Hooper is currently incarcerated at Marion Correctional Institute

When Is Michael Bargo Execution

Michael Bargo execution has yet to be scheduled

Where Is Michael Bargo Now

Michael Bargo is currently incarcerated at Union Correctional Institute

Amber Wright Case

Amber Wright was one of five young people charged with Seath Jackson‘s murder.   Fifteen-year-old Wright and Jackson had been in a relationship, but broke up acrimoniously.   Using text messages, Amber Wright and Charlie Ely lured Jackson to a trailer, where Kyle Hooper, Wright’s brother, along with Michael Bargo, her boyfriend, and Justin Soto, beat and shot Jackson before placing his body in a bag and burning it in a backyard fire pit.2  The remains were then shoveled into five-gallon paint buckets and thrown in a rock quarry.

Two days after the murder, Mrs. Tracey Wright, Amber Wright and Hooper’s mother, called Sheriff’s Deputy David Rasnick, telling him that Hooper knew something about Jackson’s disappearance.3  When Deputy Rasnick arrived at the Wright residence, Wright, Hooper, Ely, and Mrs. Wright were all present.   Because Hooper became emotional, Deputy Rasnick read him the Miranda warnings.   Deputy Rasnick’s supervisor arrived and told him that investigators wanted to interview “the kids” at the station.   Deputy Rasnick passed that request on to them, and went next door to find Soto. Deputy Rasnick, Soto, Ely, Wright and Hooper went to the station in Deputy Rasnick’s marked Marion County Sheriff’s Office vehicle, while Mrs. Wright followed behind in her own car.   Pursuant to the policies of the sheriff’s office, Deputy Rasnick collected the cell phones of those who rode in his car.   No one was handcuffed or expressed any reluctance about going to the sheriff’s office.   Instead, the group seemed “nonchalant.”   Ely rode in the front, while Hooper, Wright and Soto rode in the back.   At the time, Deputy Rasnick regarded Hooper as a “person of interest,” but neither he nor Wright were suspects.

At the sheriff’s office, Amber Wright had three videotaped interviews with Detective Rhonda Stroup.   The first interview took place in a “soft room.”   Wright and her mother sat together on a large couch, while Detective Stroup sat across from them in a chair.   The conversation was calm and patient.   Detective Stroup’s questions were factual in nature, and did not accuse or confront either Wright or her mother.   During this interview, Wright told Detective Stroup that Jackson “just showed up” at the trailer.   Wright claimed that Hooper struck the first blow, frightening her and Ely into hiding in Ely’s room until the next morning.   When she woke, the house smelled like bleach.

This first interview lasted about twenty minutes, but the video recording continued for an additional hour.   During that time, Amber Wright and her mother primarily stayed in the soft room, which was unlocked.   While Detective Stroup was out of the room, she was, among other things, interviewing Hooper, who confessed to the murder and implicated the others, including Wright.   Detective Stroup then returned for a second interview.   This time, Wright was moved to a “hard room,” a more traditional police interrogation room.   To this point, Wright had not been given the Miranda warnings.

Detective Stroup began the second interview by accusing Amber Wright of lying and stating that the interview was “where the rubber hits the road.”   Detective Stroup informed Wright that Hooper had told her “everything,” and if Wright continued to lie, she would be treated “like a piece of garbage.”   Detective Stroup indicated that she wanted “mutual respect” and the truth, and when pressed, Wright replied, “I’m gonna tell you the truth.”   Notwithstanding Wright’s professed willingness to be truthful, she continued to dissemble, prompting Detective Stroup to tell Wright that she was “done with being lied to” and that further lies would lead to her walking out, which was “not what you want.”   Finally, Wright admitted her involvement in Jackson’s murder, largely as described by Hooper, prompted by Detective Stroup’s questions.   At the conclusion of the second interview, Detective Stroup asked Wright to confirm that no one had offered her anything in exchange for her statement, no one had threatened to beat her, she understood her rights, and her statements were free and voluntary.   To all of this, Wright responded, “yes ma‘am.”   Detective Stroup then arrested Amber Wright for murder and handcuffed her.

Shortly after the second interview ended, Detective Stroup realized that no one had Mirandized Wright.   As a result, she escorted Amber Wright, in handcuffs, back to the soft room for a third interview.   At the start of the third interview, Detective Stroup told Wright that she was giving her “the chance to be the honest one.”   Detective Stroup informed Wright that she had not been read her rights, and then presented a Miranda waiver form to Wright, noting, “[T]his is something I have to do, OK?” Detective Stroup read the warnings on the form to Wright, ultimately asking, “Do you understand these rights?”   Wright nodded affirmatively.   Detective Stroup then asked, “Having these rights in mind, do you want to talk about this?   And if [so] put your initials right there.”   Wright complied, saying, “Might as well get it all out.”   After Wright signed the waiver form, Detective Stroup questioned her calmly, frequently referring to inculpatory information gleaned from their just-completed, un-Mirandized second interview.   Wright’s answers were consistent with her statements in the second interview.   By the time Detective Stroup read Wright her Miranda rights, Wright had been at the sheriff’s office for more than six hours.4

Amber Wright later moved to suppress all of her statements, arguing that they were the product of custodial interrogations, that she had not been Mirandized before the first or second interview, and that the failure to do so tainted the admissions made in the third interview.   While the State agreed to the suppression of the second interview, it argued against suppressing the first or third interviews.   The State contended that Miranda warnings were not needed for the first interview as it was not the result of a custodial interrogation.   It also argued that the Miranda warnings given prior to the third interview cured any taint from the second, un-Mirandized interrogation.   Based on the State’s concession, the trial court agreed to suppress Wright’s second interview.   Without elaboration, the court denied suppression of the first and third interviews.   Wright was ultimately found guilty of first-degree murder and sentenced to life in prison without possibility of parole.   Amber Wright appeals, contending that the admission of her first and third interviews with Detective Stroup violated her constitutional rights against self-incrimination.

Leave a Reply

Scroll to Top