Kruse Wellwood and Cameron Moffat Murder Kimberly Proctor

Kruse Wellwood and Cameron Moffat are two teen killers from Canada who would murder their classmate Kimberly Proctor

According to court documents Kruse Wellwood and Cameron Moffat would lure Kimberly Proctor over to Wellwood’s home. When the eighteen year old arrived she would be repeatedly sexually assaulted, murdered, mutilated and placed in a freezer.

Kruse Wellwood and Cameron Moffat would later put Kimberly Proctor into a bag, boarded a bus and went to a wooded area where they would burn her body

Kruse Wellwood and Cameron Moffat would be arrested, convicted and sentenced to life in prison with no chance of parole for ten years

Both Kruse Wellwood and Cameron Moffat would apply for parole in 2023 and both would be denied

Kruse Wellwood and Cameron Moffat Videos

Kruse Wellwood and Cameron Moffat Video Page

Kruse Wellwood and Cameron Moffat Case

One of two men convicted of the shocking sexual assault and murder of a Langford, B.C., teen in 2010 has had his day parole application denied again.

Then-teenager Kruse Wellwood, along with his co-accused Cameron Moffat, were found guilty of the first-degree murder of Kimberly Proctor, 18, who was one of their classmates.

The court heard that Wellwood and Moffat lured Proctor over to Wellwood’s home where they sexually assaulted her multiple times, killed her, mutilated her body and put it in a freezer. Later, the pair put her body into a duffel bag and boarded a bus to a local trail where they set her remains on fire.

Wellwood would later attend Proctor’s memorial service, while he was out on bail for assaulting his mother, before he was charged with the murder.

Wellwood applied for day parole earlier this year, which was rejected by the Parole Board of Canada on Aug. 4.

“At sentencing the judge said the murder was so horrific that words could not adequately describe the inhuman cruelty you and your co-accused showed,” reads the Parole Board of Canada’s decision posted on Aug. 4.

Wellwood was 16 at the time of the murder and was first eligible for parole in 2019. His parole was denied at the time and again in 2020. Since then, the parole board says multiple psychiatric assessments have continued to categorize him at a high risk of re-offending.

The parole board also cited violent and emotional outbursts as a reason why Wellwood was denied parole, though it does note that the violence has so far only been directed to himself.

Some written communication to Moffat was also flagged as a “somewhat concerning” by the board due to the pair’s history.

The parole board says Proctor’s family has remained steadfast in its opposition to Wellwood’s potential parole.

“It is clear from the statements that the murdered victim’s family were forever changed by the violent and cruel way they lost their loved one. They were seriously traumatized,” the parole decision reads.

“They say they have seen no remorse, are angry and do not believe you deserve parole.”

In 2020, Proctor’s father said he felt let down by the justice system.

“I get cranked up about it,” said Fred Proctor after attending Wellwood’s last parole hearing(opens in a new tab). “In this country, it’s the families of the victims that serve the life sentence.

https://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/man-convicted-of-killing-langford-teen-kimberly-proctor-denied-parole-1.6030853

Kruse Wellwood and Cameron Moffat Case News

Court officials have released more evidence from the trial of the two Victoria-area teenagers who killed Kimberly Proctor.

The judge decided to release the evidence after the media requested it be released at court hearing on Tuesday. The decision followed the sentencing of Cameron Alexander Moffat,18, and Kruse Hendrick Wellwood, 17, to life in prison with no chance of parole for 10 years on Monday.

The material being released on Wednesday includes a video police interrogation of Moffat, text messages between Moffat and Wellwood intercepted by police, online chats between the killers and Proctor, RCMP’s search warrant documents, forensic lab reports and DNA analysis.

Proctor’s family has indicated they wish the material to be released to the public. CBC News will publish the material online as soon as it become available.

The pair had pleaded guilty to luring Proctor to Wellwood’s home where they bound, raped and murdered her, before transporting her body by bus to a wooded area and burning it beneath a bridge.

Despite their ages, the judge ruled that Wellwood and Moffat should be sentenced as adults and that their identities should not be protected under the Youth Criminal Justice Act.

Some of the text messages appear to show Moffat communicating with an ex-girlfriend, trying to convince her to come to Wellwood’s home, just hours after killing Kimberly Proctor.

Proctor’s aunt, Joanne Landolt, said she takes some comfort in the fact that the girl refused to go there.

“I am so very glad that girl didn’t come over to meet you the night after you did this to Kim. By doing that, she saved her own life and spared her family from going through what we have,” said Landolt on Monday.

During the sentencing hearing, Crown prosecutors played a wiretap intercept of a conversation between Moffat and Wellwood that was recorded as the pair was transported in a sheriff’s van to make their first court appearance in June.

In the recording, the teens could be heard laughing and discussing their hair and shoes and making light of the charges against them.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/evidence-in-proctor-murder-released-1.998722

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top